Game Maker Projects
Projects that I made with the free game creation tool Game Maker. I don't activly develop with gamemaker anymore, but if you'd like to see the source of stuff, just give me an email.
RTS game (2006)
My second stab at creating a RTS-like game with GameMaker. Eventually abandoned it since GM really couldn't handle the amount of processing required.
It had a random heightmap generator, sort-of AI and some nice ideas.
RTS game (2005)
Project 8==D (2005)
Pronounced: "Project dong", it was an extension of GearGod's metaball thing. Although faily finished, it lacks level design. The version uploaded here has just got the demo version with the tutorial, although the most recent version has the tutorial, two levels and better graphics.
Buggy Racing (2005)
This game was actually more of a personal test if I could successfully intergrate ODE physics and IRRLICHT graphics engines into GM, and make a playable game out of it. I finished the intergrating, and its remotly playable, but it works, and that is what counts.It contains a lot of bugs, and is really "remote" playable, due to the fact that physics engines aren't really designed for fast revoluting stuff like wheels, and the forces that come with them.
This was a re-make of the famous destruct minigame hidden in Tyrian, an old DOS game. Got pretty far, but lost the source, so couldn't work on it anymore. Featured destructable terrain, multiple weapon types, changable colours for all weapon platforms and nice explosions.
Physica was a stab at recreating garry's mod in Gamemaker. It uses GMIrrlicht and GMODE. Although not finished, it would have been a puzzle game where you had to put certain objects in the right place, sort of like The Incredible Machine.
High Voltage Tournament
Well, this has come a long way. First thought up the project in early 2001. Multiplayer combat, similar to BF1942, but with two distinct modes: Indoor deathmatch and outdoor all-out vehicle fest (Thus, two versions exist: High Voltage Tournament and High Voltage Tournament: Vehicle Manslaughter (remind you, this is before ut2k3)). Well, It progressed through various iterations, with first simple characters built vertex by vertex in some quake 2 model program, to sophisticated bump-mapped characters in later stages. Again, nothing got finished, because I was aiming too high. Ah well.
Iteration 1 (2002)
This was the first "real" build from around 2003. It had collision detection, multiple weapons, decals, two maps and really, really stupid bots. The map was based on a Conker's Bad Fur Day map, which was a map I did for a halo mod, but was never used.
Iteration 4 (2004)
This was the build released on the "new" GMC. It had about the same as interation 1, but better weapons, better animations, better gun movements and collision detection, and just all-in improvement.
Download :: WARNING: THIS VERSION CRASHES SOME COMPUTERS, TRY AT OWN RISK.
Iteration 5 (2005)
Mow The Lawn (2000)
This is a very old game, like, from 2001 or 2002. Was made in GM 4.0, or somewhere around that, don't know.
I pre-rendered the graphics using a 3D modelling package that came with my videocard, EyE3D. That program really got me interested in 3D graphics. As you can see, the model was pretty rubbish. Just a couple of balls and cylinders welded together (it was a CSG modeller). There is no end in this game, but it was finished. It has some music from the resource packs though :/. This is like my first completed game. Ever.
Eventually, I got around making a sequel, but again, lost the source. Here are some of the rare pictures I took in-development.